ASURE Chelmswood Motel Taupo Fishing Challenge
The Fishing Challenge begins 1 July 2016 and runs the full season year (ending June 30, 2017).
- The Challenge is in place to encourage family involvement in the great outdoor activity of fishing on and around Lake Taupo.
- The Challenge is open to both boat fishing and fly fishing.
- At all times, the Challenge is to protect, enhance and foster the sport and fellowship of freshwater angling.
The Challenge will operate as follows:
- Participation is open to the Asure Chelmswood Taupo VIP Club Members
- Membership is open to Families and Individuals by Annual Subscription
- All Members will abide by the rules governing the sport in the Taupo Fishery
- All Members will hold a current Taupo Fishery Licence at all times
- The recording of catches will be available during Reception Hours
(7.30am-9pm) each day of the year excepting Christmas Day
- Each Member must be present at the recording of their Trout and be a Guest of the Asure Chelmswood Motel at that time.
- The Trout will be weighed, measured and recorded at weigh-in and a photo taken. The records will be held and available for inspection in Reception.
- Each quarter, the winning fish from both fly and boat will be awarded the prize for that period. Those fish will also be eligible for the Annual Prizes.
- At all times, participants will observe good sportsmanship and respect to others fishing. Fish caught in an unsportsmanlike manner may be disallowed entry to the Challenge.
We look forward to your participation in the Challenge and we encourage you to ask your friends and acquaintances to join the VIP Club. If the opportunity to involve another Guest arises, please feel free to as it can be a very rewarding experience. New and lasting friendships can be made very easily on the waters of Lake Taupo. As Hosts with some collective 30 years’ experience in Taupo , we can highly recommend the experience of sharing this with Visitors from around the world.
Brian, Janice, Rich and Sandy